NOMNOM!

NOMNOM!

Sunday, March 12, 2017

NUS Techno Edge Food Hunt



As an engineering student for 4 years, it is no doubt that Techno Edge is my frequent place to eat. Here is a blog post dedicated to Techno Edge. NUS's techno edge is open to all, yes ALL, so don't leave this page yet if you are not from NUS!


So let’s begin the food hunt!

Voted the best in techno edge, is the Indonesian Delights, featuring its all-time favorite “Grilled Chicken”. A big piece of grilled chicken thigh topped with lightly crisp lettuce and cherry tomatoes, drizzled with their own gravy. I'm sorry about the quality of the image but was probably too hungry to take a proper picture of it.


Although it is not bad, I personally prefer “no. 1” which is their grilled meat skewer. No hassles to remove the bones or what, you can just popped the chunk of succulent meat into your mouth.
If you are not full or see no variety in just meat and some veges, you can add on curry cabbage (+$0.50) or egg  (+$0.50).

Next, to the stall I frequent the most “Western Delights”! My love for no. 18 is so deep that I have never really ordered the other dishes since I tried no. 18. Ok, I am exaggerating but it is really my favourite food in techno.


Look at that two piece of meat patties! 
Try it! It's good and cheap ($3)!

If you don't like the tomato sauce based pasta, you might want to try the creamy based kind and I would recommend the creamy ham and mushroom!
 It's also one of my favourite too! Quite a generous portion of ham and mushrooms! The creamy base is a bit different from the outside restaurant kind, but I actually quite like this kind too!

Next, to something more local! Yong Tau Foo stall! This was a stall i frequent the most when I was in Year 1 because it was very cheap, but since then they increased the price. I remember having a bowl of 6 pieces of ytf + rice was only $1.80. Actually, you can get it at about $2.30-$2.40 now, which is still of course cheaper than outside!
They used the soybeans for the soup base which made it even more healthy and tasty. You can also try the laksa base (+$0.50) and I like it a lot too! The only thing that I would complain is that the variety of ytf is limited and that the pieces are actually quite small.

And, the must have in almost all kopitiams and canteens, the Mixed Vege Rice Stall! I'm sorry I don't have a picture for it, but I would say that the price is quite affordable, the food is not bad too! The queue is usually long but it is usually very fast!

And the vegetarian version of the mixed vege rice stall, the Vegetarian Mixed Rice Stall!
Highly recommend the spring roll! Oh and a tip for you, although it is not in their menu, but you can order the vegetarian claypot rice ($2.50)!


Next up, the fishball noodles stall!
Honestly speaking, I have no recollection of me ordering the fishball noodles at this stall because I always order the meatball noodles. Because the meatballs are nice and it a bowl of noodles with 5 relatively big meatballs for only $2.50!! This is really good and cheap.

However, I find the meepok/ meekia slightly dry for my liking and so we have somehow figured out this special combi/order - Meatball black horfun:

Meatball black horfun
Next up the soup stall!

This stall has the shortest queue which i guessed it's probably the weather is too hot and Techno is always crowded and so a little not so comfy to eat a bowl of hot soup? Other than soups (fish soup, bak kut teh), they have Chicken in Red Glutinous Rice Wine (红槽鸡)and 麻油鸡. 
The Chicken in red glutinous rice wine was not bad but I've tried better ones outside. 
Usually, I would order the fish porridge when I feel healthy and needed soupy stuff cos the fish is nice (but it seems like I'm the only one among my clique that actually likes the fish porridge).

Fish porridge (Soup stall) @$2.50

Ok and the last stall I am going to recommend is the Jap stall! This might be the most expensive food in Techno but it has the best Tama ever.

Chicken Tama for $4. Deep-fried chicken in the very awesome Tama drizzled with the (special) soya sauce and topped with seaweed, chili powder and sesame seeds. This chicken Tama is one of my favourite too and a lot of my friend's top most favourite. Definitely a must try if you are at Techno!

Other than chicken tama, they have salmon, ebi tama too!
Along side with the mains are the Japanese rice, miso soup and seaweed salad. Where can you find such good food at $4?

Chicken Tama ($4)

Jap Curry Chicken Rice ($3.50)
 There are 3 drink stalls in techno, coffee/tea/milo/etc., fruit juices/ fruits and soy milk. It's cheap and good. Where can you find 50cents green tea nowadays, and where can you find $1.40 fresh mixed fruit juice? I won't say much about the taste of the drinks or anything since I can't really tell the difference but I would say it's definitely cheaper than outside!

Techno edge is still a great place for the students there, with prices of food cheaper than outside!


No comments:

Post a Comment