NOMNOM!

NOMNOM!

Saturday, February 28, 2015

21st birthday party location

Shall share with you my 21st birthday party details and how much I spend in total! Honestly, I wanted to host since everyone is hosting it and party seems fun. And as everyone says, it is once in a lifetime thing so I finally decided to host my 21st. I've been deciding whether or not to hold a party for like 4 months before and finally decided and eventually started to plan my party about 1 month before the actual party. I've been looking on the net, googling stuff like "places to host 21st in Singapore", "21st birthday party in Singapore". And Hotels, cafes, chalets were few of the top choices and I'm going to share with you some of my findings (please do check out their specific website for more details in case they have made any amendments.

Initially, I wanted to host my party in a hotel but after attending a friend's birthday party at Amara Sanctuary (Sentosa), I've decided not. 


Pros: Very pretty!! And it was quite spacious as well! There's this pool that can be used by the hotel guest. Ambience was great!

Cons: The guard were super strict about the guest and we were supposed to "sneak" in to the resort 😅 and so we could not come into big groups. Also, we are not suppose to make any big commotion, no catering allowed (but you are allowed to bring your own food in, which means food will get cold). And particularly for this hotel, it wasn't that accessible (it's in a remote area in Sentosa but luckily there's this shuttle bus from Vivo to the hotel). Same for those hotels in Sentosa(people have to pay extra money to go into Sentosa, which may be a con for many of us).
Other hotels that aren't so strict will be a better choice, but price and space may not be so good for a party.

Of course, there are a lot of othr hotels out there but bear in mind about the catering and guards! It will be a perfect place to host for a small party than a big one imo!

Then I've decided to maybe choose a cafe or restaurant, since they can take care of everything (food, place, and maybe even decorations) and being a lazy person this would be a better choice. 
Cons: Price!! Time limitations. 
It's quite expensive, they charge by pax and the cheapest so far I can find is around $30++ per pax on a weekday lunch and $40++ up for weekend/ weekday dinner. If I were to cater for 50ppl, that will definitely be more than $1.5k.
Bukit Batok Mcds

Then, my friend suggested holding a party in McDonalds! That sounds pretty cool and it won't be that ex I guessed. So I went down to Bukit Batok McDonalds to ask. 
Pros: Cheaper ($11 per pax, happy meal each), and I asked if they would change the happy meal to the extra value meal or not and the staff said they will charge more. 
Cons: They can only host the party 3-5pm. Which is like a tea party?
I don't really like the time slot and the choice of food so I've decided not to hold my party there.

Then I've decided to book chalet and host my party there. But choosing the chalet is really a big headache too! The bigger bungalow chalets are located at the east side and they open to public servants to book 6 months prior and for public 1 month before. My birthday is on a December so I gave up since I don't think I will be able to book on a school holidays give 1 month and I don't have any public servant friends, if not that will be a very good option. It's big and cheap and pretty. 
It's one of the cheaper chalets available for the public however, after reading reviews of the resort, I've decided not since a lot of people complain of its ewwww dirtiness.

NSRCC
Cons: It was quite expensive during the December period (aka peak) and because I've decided too late to hold one and start researching, it was fully booked.

Pros: NSRCC is quite big and pretty and will be a great place to host a party if your birthday happens to fall in the not the super holiday peak period! Ask your fellow friends who are SAFRA members and they can get it at a much cheaper rate, check more out at: http://www.nsrcc.com.sg/bungalow/fees

Aranda country club
This was my top choice once I saw the pictures of the chalet and it feels very homely and very spacious. However, it was quite expensive during the peak period and they require you to book consecutive 2 days during the peak period so one option down again. *Note: NTUC and Aranda country club member has got more discount than public.

Link: http://www.arandaclub.org.sg/Contents/index.aspx?id=ARANDA_EXECUTIVE_SUITE

HomeTeamNS @ bukit batok
I didn't even know that there's a chalet at bukit batok before my research! But yea there is! I wanted this chalet a lot too since it looks big and not very expensive. However, they only allow hometeamNS members to book during the school holidays period so NO again.

Link: http://www.hometeamns.sg/Pages/Villas%20-%20Bukit%20Batok.aspx?cid=15&mid=41

Chevrons
I've been here for my class chalet before and I occasionally pass by there on my way home from school. Then I've decided this will be the best place for me since most of my friends stay in the west and it's quite convenient (near to IMM and jurong east mrt). The only thing that's pulling me back from hosting there is that the chalet is a little too small to host for around 50ppl. 
I booked the premium room on a weekday for $250, because that's the only room left in december. Initially when I checked there wasn't any rooms left and I've decided not to host but one day I went to check again and there's this one available room which is 8 days before my actual day but I just booked it anyway.
Link:https://www.chevrons.org.sg/Facilities/Chalets

Home
Another viable option is to hold your party at your own house! I went for two 21st bday parties, one a tea party and the other one a dinner. My friend has a spacious corridor so she can place the buffet and tables, chairs outside. The other friend too, has a rather spacious corridor and house too(spare rooms). You will have to provide enough chairs though.

Function rooms
Safra function rooms/ condominium function rooms
If you stay in a condo, it will be quite convenient for you to hold it in your condo's function room at a cheap rate (maybe around $30/evening).
Safra function room is quite expensive from what I know, the whole package (includes food and tables,chairs) sums up to about $3k (Source: some forum my friend read). *You need to be a Safra member and you have to fill up a form to submit your quotations.

I've searched for other function rooms as well, including chevrons function room and even community clubs but they were too ex (they charge by hours and it's around $60per hr if I rmb correctly). If that's the case 3hrs will $180, I must as well pay more for the whole night!

Okay I'll update as of the other details about my party in the next post!

7 comments:

  1. Celebrating birthday at a destination venue is truly an amazing feeling. It was my desire to celebrate my birthday at one of the historical party halls in Bay area and this year my dream is going to become true. Next month I’ll celebrate the day at my dream venue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great! Enjoy your day!

    -nomnombombom

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    I’m really impressed with your blog article, such great & useful knowledge you mentioned here

    team bonding singapore:-"Tagteaminc provide hometeamns,team building and company team bonding in Singapore. Consult for more information today."

    Visit Site :- http://www.tagteaminc.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your post. Very informative. I happen to know another place which rent spaces for party. It's projectcentral.com.sg. However, only max 25 pax capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Even I am turning 21 this year. I am also planning on booking one of the Chicago event venues where there is also a pool for my birthday party. This was a very interesting post, and I am also thinking about having neon party.

    ReplyDelete